Monday, March 19, 2007

Baby My-My

Well, my sweet baby Maya has had a rough couple of days. Her second little bottom tooth just poked through, and man they really gave her a hard time. She has cried, moaned, gnawed, basically anything to dull the pain. I felt so awful for her, but at the same time I was having a whole lot of times where my patience was at zero. I consider myself a relatively patient person, but a girl can only take so much. Thankfully, she is doing much better today. I was sitting here today thinking about how eager I was for Gibson to move on to the next thing when he was a little baby. Time for teeth, time to sit up, time to crawl, time to talk, time to walk, etc. I have found myself wanting to hold on to Maya and just slow her down. I have witnessed how fast it goes and how quickly they move on to pushing your hugs away and wanting "down" to go play. In the midst of all of her crying this weekend I kept finding myself just picking her up, closing my eyes, and holding her as close as humanely possible. It's like all the screaming in my ear disappeared, and I just wanted to soak it all up while she still needs me. I know soon enough she'll be on the move, chasing after her big brother. She might even learn to say "Mommy, no" just like him. So eventhough my patience has been tested this weekend, God has reminded me to slow down and enjoy the moments...even the very loud ones.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love reading this! I feel the same way about Carys. She is 9 months and I can't believe how fast it has gone! I have heard "Just enjoy them while they are young." so many times since Carys has been born that I am actually beginning to do it. Yes...even the loud and frustrating times.