Thursday, March 8, 2007

Party On

With all of the sickness that has attacked our household (i was the last to fall last night), I realized that I haven't done a post for the party telling you a little bit about myself. So here goes! I am a small town girl at heart. I grew up in Brookville, Indiana, where everybody knows everybody. I grew up in the country where you could ride your bikes on the gravel road, leave your doors unlocked, and play in the woods all day. I matured into a crazy party girl until I finally gave it all over to God. I went off to college at Cedarville University where I met wonderful friends and my fabulous husband, Phil. We got married in February, 2002 and stayed in good ol' Ohio. He started a job as a worship pastor and I was a preschool teacher for several years and then had a nanny job for a year and a half. We welcomed Gibson into our lives in 2005 and Maya in 2006. So needless to say, I'm a busy mommy! I have the amazing privelege of staying home now and trying my best to be a good wife and mom. Of course I fail on a daily basis, but I'm learning new things and laughing along the way. I talk to my mom, sister, or both on the phone for at least an hour every day. I have wonderful friends so I can have playdates, go to lunch, and go shopping on a regular basis. Phil and I love to listen to great music and watch movies. Blockbuster loves us. We are also into some tv shows, like 24 and American Idol. I am currently on a life-long journey to eat healthy and exercise regularly (that, too, is a daily struggle!). I have a great house church that meets every Wednesday. Oh, I also have a very cute and hairy dog named Delia. Some other random things I like are: taking pictures, buying things on clearance, cooking/baking, family trips to the park, Cox Arboretum, Fridays (Phil's day off), looking at realstate, sewing, Apex, interior decorating, and vacation. So there ya go, a very random and disjointed post about myself. I blame the nasty germs swirling around the room!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Recently I was realizing how much I fear failure. A friend was sharing with me about her visits to the gym with a personal trainer. She said the only thing she didn't like was that EVERY time she went he pushed her to the point of failure. She also shared that EVERY time she went the trainer expected to see change. It was an aha moment for me. Her trainer pushed her to point of failure so that she would grow stronger and so that her body would change. I realized that my Trainer (God) pushes me so that He can make me stronger and so that real change can occur. Now, I don't see failure as such a bad thing. As a matter of fact I guess I should eliminate the word failure out of my vocabulary and replace it with "getting stronger". I love your comment about laughing and learning new things. That's a great perspective!!

Brandie said...

Hello! It's so nice to meet you and visit your blog!
Hope you are feeling 100% better by now.

Jenny said...

Love the new blog, Amber. Look forward to checking it and am glad to hear that the sickness is maybe on it's way out of your house. So far we have escaped the vomiting flu this year but you never know when it will hit.