Thursday, March 15, 2007

So fresh and so clean

I just have to gush about our new washer and dryer. Well, not new, but it is to us! Our old washer and dryer was really, really bad. It barely fit more than a pair of jeans, didn't clean things as well as they should be cleaned, and was from when my husband lived with a bunch of guys (yuck!). I think it was straight out of the 80's. Recently we got a great tip from a friend (thanks Kate!) that a couple that moved from the area were wanting to sell their washer and dryer. I was skeptical, thinking it would probably still be too expensive. We're on a limited buget ya know. We got the information that they were Sears Maytags and were only 4 years old. I got even more skeptical. Then they gave us their price...and it was unbelievably cheap! We worked out the details and my husband picked it up on Tuesday. Let's just say they far exceeded my expectations. They are awesome! They are in perfect condition and they're the extra large capacity ones! I can fit twice the load in as normal. I sound like a giddy little school girl but if you had seen our old ones, you would understand. I know its just laundry, but it is a total blessing from God. I feel so thankful. I have done about 5 loads of laundry in the last 2 days and, trust me, that's a lot for me. I'm sure my excitement will wane and I will be back to dreading it at some point, but for now, I'm a clothes washin' fool ya'll.

3 comments:

Philio said...

yeah, just last week we were washing our clothes in a washer that was held together with duct tape...literally.

Diane said...

That should come in handy when the vomit viper strikes!!!

Amy said...

It is amazing how excited we moms can be about washing clothes. Beleive me, I would be just as excited.