Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Bear!

Today was Gibson's second birthday! We had lots of fun, he watched cartoons all morning and played with all of his new toys/books/puzzles. Then we met daddy for lunch at Chick-fil-a where he got to play. Oh, and we also got ice cream. Then he got to climb in the outdoor play place at Mcdonald's tonight. It was pretty much his idea of a perfect day. I can't believe it was two years ago today that I was in that hospital room looking out the window at the snow blanketing the colorful flowering trees (we had freaky April weather that year!). From the moment he arrived he has truly been a joy. I knew from the moment I first looked at his sweet little face that he was special. He has such a laid back personality and a great sense of humor. He loves to learn, and his imagination is now in full force (tonight on the way home he said, "Look Mommy, cookie monster!". "Where?", I said. "Up there, in the stars, cookie monster!". It was hilarious. I am so blessed to have the honor of being his Mommy. I thank God every day for the sweet boy sleeping in the crib down the hall.

No comments: