Saturday, April 14, 2007

Thanks Gib

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been eating healthy, exercising, and have lost 23 lbs. so far. I have more I want to lose, but I have been feeling great about my progress so far. But, it is inevitable to have one of those days where you just look in the mirror and you aren't happy with what you see. I had one of those days recently. I was trying on clothes, none of them fit right, and I had myself convinced that I had nothing in my entire closet to wear. I was in front of the mirror looking at yet another horrid outfit when Gibson walked in. He looked at me adoringly and said, "Oooo Mommy, pretty!". He had no idea, but his words were exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. It reminded me how he looks at me for who I am, and not just what I look like. What a challenge from my little 2 year old that I should be doing the same!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amber, Good for you! Kids are so sweet and genuine when they give a compliment. I think it is especially sweet coming from a son!
Amy