Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hit the road, Jack

At 2:45 a.m. tonight (or I guess I should say tomorrow morning) I will be hittin' the road. Vacation is finally here and I can't believe it. I will be loading up my sleepy little jammy-clad children into the packed van and heading over to meet my family in Indiana (first I will be stopping for an iced capp for a little caffeine action). From there we will drive down to Franklin, Tennessee and do some shopping and stay there for the night. Saturday morning we will get up and drive the rest of the way to Destin, Florida. If no one has been to the gulf side of Florida, you are seriously missing out. It is absolute gorgeousness (not a word, I know, but it's so true!). We are all staying in a house together, 7 adults and 4 children. We have a pool there at the house and we are a short distance from the beach. I know a lot of our time will be spent on kid patrol, since we will have three 2 year old boys and an 8 month old girl, but I know the view will be beautiful and relaxing. I can hardly contain myself I'm so excited! The only thing that stands between me and the road now is about 3 loads of laundry and packing, packing, packing! See you when I return!

1 comment:

Amy McSwegin said...

I cannot even tell you how jealous I am. My family has vacationed in Destin for several years and I LOVE IT. Have SO MUCH FUN.