Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Busy being busy

I am going to ask ahead of time if you'll please forgive me if this post is choppy and all outta whack but my son is half sitting ON me while he watches his train movie. He is telling me every detail, "Look mommy! Island of Sodor!", "Look mommy! Diesel being nasty!", "Look mommy! Thomas goes fast!". He has been a bit clingy today and whining at the drop of a hat, but I guess that's what happens when you stay up until 11:30 at night just chatting with your own self. Phil and I just kept looking at each other wondering what it the world this little boy was doing and if he might ever go to sleep. Finally, he gave in. He has been really funny lately and just coming up with all sorts of things from his little imagination. He frequently sees and hears monsters, drives his cars and trucks around while making up stories, and tries to share his snacks with his Elmo and Shrek toys. Maya is changing so much. She is so mobile and into everything, crawling and pulling up on anything. She is just fine to crawl down a dark hallway, go back to the laundry room, or just plain explore all by her lonesome. She doesn't even stop to look back, she just keeps on going, even more excited with each turn. I love how independent she is, but it also scares me a bit. She is trying new foods every day. Some of her favorites so far are veggie puffs, macaroni and cheese, watermelon, banana chunks and even a popsicle. She is saying da-da, clapping, waving, shaking her head yes and no and has quite the sense of humor developing. They are finally starting to play together, but the sibling rivalry has already started. They snatch toys back and forth and seem to have no future plans of sharing . Despite the mini tug-of-wars going on are some really sweet moments. I love watching them grow together and change every day. I am truly blessed and they bring me so much joy. Quiet has now descended on my house 2 hours after I originally started this post (there was jammy time, 3 bedtime stories, and a bottle to be had). The babes are peacefully asleep and I am off to watch a show that I love, love love called So You Think You Can Dance?. It makes me dance all night. Watch it!

No comments: