Saturday, July 7, 2007

Going once, going twice...

I am learning lately that getting your house ready to sell is chock full of...um...zero fun. We have a new garage door to install, a new screen door to put on, cutting down a bunch of over grown weeds in the yard, and a lot of other little things that I don't feel like typing out (nor do you care about). Not to mention the extensive cleaning that really needs to happen. Then come all of my fears of trying to sell and buy at the same time and if it will all work out (of course I know it will, God has a plan for it all, and that's what I need to keep remembering!). I am also dreading the actual packing up and moving process. We thought we had a lot of things when we moved in here, when we were newly married and coming from a townhouse. Oh how blissfully naive we were. Now we have lived in this house for 3 1/2 years and have since had two children...so needless to say we have accumulated a whole lotta stuff. What really excites me though is a new house. We are wanting to move to a different part of town where you can get more house for your money, and most of them are older and have so much character. I love dreaming about what it might look like, and I'm really excited about picking out all new paint colors and new ways to decorate. I love to make a house a home and it will be interesting to see where our family ends up. So if anyone is on the lookout for a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath ranch brick house, let me know....please!

1 comment:

Big D said...

My, oh my, how your post brings back memories of getting our Westerly Drive house ready to sell!! It seems like yesterday. Wish we could be there to help!!

David.