Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This post is not for the squeemish

Sweet baby girl is sick. I haven't seen her feel this bad since she had RSV this past winter. This, though, is a whole other animal. She has some major diarrhea. She also vomited in the middle of the night last night. Every Mom out there knows the joy of cleaning a child, stripping off their sheets, bumper, crib skirt, and cleaning the wall, floor, and bag underneath the bed in the wee hours of the morning. Needless to say, we've done lots and lots of laundry around here. We are on day 4 of it and decided it was time for the Dr. today. She will not eat solid foods, refuses pedialyte, and it takes me 30-45 minutes to get her to take 4 ounces, 5 if I'm lucky. I was worried about dehydration since there is a lot coming out and not too much going in. I was having trouble keeping track of her wet diapers, you know, because of the loads of diarrhea within the diaper and all. They said she is borderline right now. She looks a little "dry", but she's not quite to the hospitalization/IV stage yet. They said if it continues or she gets worse to call back. She had a really rough time going to bed tonight and is just all out of sorts. All day long she says, "ma-ma" and "night-night". She just wants to lay on me and waller around (that shows my classy hillbilly vernacular right there). For now the rest of our house is healthy, and I really pray it stays that way since Phil is going to be out of town coming up. If you get a chance, pray for the babe that she will be back to her crazy self very soon!

No comments: