Thursday, August 30, 2007

And she's one...


Dear Sweet Maya,


Today you turn one year old. I really can't believe it's here. I look at you and you look too little to be that old. You have brought so much joy to your mama's life this past year. We share a special little girly bond that I hope lasts a lifetime. I think it completely surprised me how much I feel that mother-daughter bond. I love it! I must say girl, you are getting so funny. Making faces and being silly. I love seeing your sense of humor develop, you need it in this family! And then you have your sassy side, and sassy it is! You keep us on our toes with your curiosity and desire to explore. I always pray I will learn how to reign in that spirit of adventure when needed, and also know when to celebrate it as a special part of who God made you to be. I know God has a perfect plan for you life. I just feel so blessed that He gave you to us to be a part of this family. I can't imagine it without you. The other night I went in to check on you and you woke up. I scooped you up and just rocked you and held you. I know these times are fleeting. Soon you'll outgrow my lap. So I just sat in the dark and hugged your warm little jammy self, smelled your sweet hair, and wished and wished the moment could last forever. I know it can't. You'll grow up and leave this house and maybe even have a family of your own someday. But for today, you're just one, and I'm going to enjoy it. We're going to sit and feel the breeze of this beautiful day coming in through the window, I'm going to hug and kiss you a lot, and I'll probably even let you get away with a little more trouble than usual. I hope you have a fun-filled day trying new things. My heart just swells in my chest almost to bursting when I think of the love I have for you. I love you sweet baby girl. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Phil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil said...

daddy says "ditto" to everything mommy just said...except the girly bond part. :)

Rachel said...

I love the name Maya. I wanted to name one of my three daughters maya, but I just couldn't do it having the last name meyer. :(

I saw your post through boomama through someone and someone (i've forgotton now)
Anyway, sweet post to your darling daughter!!!