Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where We Are Is Where We're Supposed To Be

I have had quite a few people ask me recently where we are in our adoption process at this time. Right now we are waiting until our house sells before we send in our application. Our house has been on the market for two weeks and we've only had one showing. A little discouraging, but we knew the market was slow when we listed. Last weekend we attended an AWAA seminar and it was great. We didn't learn a lot of new information, but it is always wonderful to hear other families' personal stories. It just further confirmed our desire to begin this journey. I wanted to go home and send out our application immediately, but I know that just isn't where we're at right now. We are also praying through our options on fundraising. We aren't sure exactly how we'll raise the money, but we're confident that God has blessed us with this calling and He will be faithful to provide. We'll do whatever we have to to bring our baby home.

So there you have it. As soon as we get in our new house we will send in our application, have some sort of fundraiser, and then begin our home study and start chasing those hundreds of papers! Sometimes I have a hard time waiting, mostly because I am so incredibly excited. My heart yearns for this child that God planned to be a part of our family and I just want to hold them in my arms and see their sweet face. But for now, we are right where we're supposed to be...and I'm finding rest in that.

1 comment:

carabellas said...

Hi Amber,
I read your blog sometimes and found it through Amy and Jenny. We attend Apex and are also planning to adopt. Hoping to send our paperwork in in 2008. We are also trying to sell our house and have no idea how we will ever pay to bring home this child that has been in our hearts for a long time now. We'll have to meet sometime. We have children about the same age. I have a 4, 2 and 9 month old.
Your blog is an encouragement to me.
Thanks!
Jeni