Friday, October 12, 2007

a little fall deliciousness

I just made some delightful oatmeal cookies if I may say so myself. I used the recipe on the lid of Quaker's Old-fashioned Oats but instead of making the full batch (because it yields 4 dozen...it's called portion control people!) I just cut all of the ingredients in half. Also, to make it a little lighter I used a bit less sugar and a light butter substitute instead of the real thing. In addition to the cinnamon and raisins that go in as extras, I added a little bit of nutmeg, cranberries, and walnuts. You can also put in some chopped apples. I guess you could also give it that flavor with some applesauce, too. Alas, I was out of both. But let me tell you, they are soooo tasty! And you don't have to feel too guilty letting your kids have a cookie. I really like them and because they are kind of like a little trail mix cookie, they fill you up and leave you more satisfied so you aren't tempted to eat too many. The kids (and Phil) are going to be so excited when they wake up from their naps and find these waiting. Yum!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, sounds like the perfect "fall" cookie. Thanks for sharing. I may try it. It's been a long time since I've actually made cookies because you can't count last night where I threw the pre-cut jack-o-lantern print sugar cookies on a cookie sheet and in the oven. The kiddos don't know the difference, but sure do with the mess and the work! But, now I'm inspired. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Hi! I think I caught a glimpse of you at homecoming. Were you at the soccer game? Is your hair redish now? Just wanted to say a quick hi! By the way, I read that you guys are planning on adopting... I think that is awesome! Adoption is an issue I am passionate about and I'm so excited for you that God's leading you and Phil to becoming parents again!