Sunday, October 7, 2007

the wait is on

We have some new information regarding our adoption. We recently had it confirmed from our agency that we will have to wait at least five months to send in our application. Ethiopia is getting ready to make it a requirement for your youngest child at home to be at least 18 months, so our agency is going ahead and making sure all entering families come under that. We then know that we will have at least six months to complete the "paper pregnancy" because we cannot submit our dossier to the Ethiopian government until Maya is 2 years old. So that means sometime around August-September of 2008. I have to say I was disappointed with this new development because I would send in our application tomorrow if I could. But, there is also a peace that comes because I know that God has the perfect timeline for this journey. We know we are doing what we're supposed to be doing, and we completely trust that He has everything in order. This definitely requires me to give up my need to want to control everything. But as I've said before, I will do whatever it takes to bring our child home, and if that means a lot of waiting...then I will do a lot of waiting. And I don't want that to sound like a downer, because I want to wait with joy. So I guess that's what I ask. For anyone who reads please pray that we can have joy in the wait. The wait to sell our house, the wait to see where we will move, the wait to start the adoption process. I want to enjoy it all. Enjoy our love and our children, enjoy the last days in this home where we have so many sweet memories, and enjoy praying for that baby who is yet to be born but is already a treasured and loved part of our family.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Praying for you as you wait. As hard has it is to wait, it will make the anticipation and appreciation deeper and give you something so sweet to look forward to. Anxious to meet the new member of the family when the "wait" is over.