Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Long November

Oh November, you've thrown us for a loop. We started out the month with a two week long stomach bug where we hardly were able to do a thing. Next we geared up for Phil's surgery. The good thing is Phil is finally on the upswing. He is still in a lot of pain sometimes just because of the stage of healing he is in. But let me tell you, it is a million times better! It feels nice to get out of the house again. Normally it is rare if I don't go somewhere during the day, but the last, well, three weeks I've hardly been out of the house. So, yes, I have been going a little stir crazy. I have to say though, even though Phil wasn't feeling great, we had a lot of good family time. We all got to play together, watch movies together, and once the kids were in bed we had some good talks. He is going back to work today and I'm sad. I'll miss him. I have enough to keep me busy though, the kids now have colds. Runny noses, coughing, etc. It looks like we're in for it again. I'm praying and hoping it passes quickly and without much incidence. Overall, this month I have learned a lot. I have mostly learned about servant hood. I was reminded of how much I love to serve my husband and children, and also how selfish I can be. One minute I could be doing something for them with a glad heart, and the next start thinking about myself and the things I needed to accomplish. It's hard sometimes to lay aside our own agendas, but there is so much joy in helping someone else. Now if I could only remember that ALL of the time!

Next week is Thanksgiving, and I'm ready for it! I'm ready to be with family, eat good food, and reflect on all of the blessings God has given me this year. Then I will see if I can trick Phil into helping me put up all of the Christmas decorations the next day. I like to put them up as soon as Thanksgiving is over so I can revel in it all longer. Phil would like to put them up the week before Christmas. I know, I know, he's crazy!

No comments: