Friday, February 15, 2008

Seriously

The last few days have been a little crazy around here! Gibson had a random fever for almost 3 days. Not just a little one, like 103. He had no other symptoms, just felt yucky from the fever. On the last day of it, he fell off the couch as a result of some type of stunt man move he attempted. I heard a loud bang and screams and came running. He had a bloody nose and mouth and was hysterical. Once I got all of the bleeding stopped I could see that his mouth was in really bad shape. His front teeth went almost all the way through his top lip and above. It was so swollen and huge. His teeth also had blood around them, so I called and talked to the dentist. They said the teeth might turn grayish (I hope not!) but that because of his age it shouldn't damage his permanent teeth. The doctor said if his lip continued to bleed or kept opening they would do stitches. We are on day two and I am thankful that it doesn't look like that has to happen. He already looks tons better though. The poor thing looked like he'd been beaten. Kids heal so quickly! Around the same time Gib got the fever I started having a cough. It is seriously driving me crazy! I have been hacking like a 90 year old smoker. I am hoping this passes quickly so I can get back to my workouts and just every day life. I am going a little stir-crazy! We are praying Phil and Maya stay protected from all of the germy nastiness. I hope everyone else out there is healthy and happy!!!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

That's so scary! My brother used to do stuff like that to my mom all the time! I'm feeling your pain on the cough. Ralph and I were both sick last week and are left with that annoying cough!

Amy said...

I know what you mean about the cough. Don't worry to much about the workout...your abs will hurt so bad from coughing you will feel like you should have a 6-pack! I hope Gibson keeps getting better. She should post a picture of his lip. Would that be mean?