Thursday, February 28, 2008

We know how to party...and potty

Gibson has been fully potty trained for a month and a half now. Tis' a beautiful thing. Don't get me wrong, it still has it's challenges. It can be quite inconvenient when you are driving down the road and you hear a little voice from the back seat say, "Mommy, I need to go potty". Or when you just sat down for dinner and those words escape. But in saying that, I by no means miss the messy diapers. Having two children in diapers really zaps the budget. That is why I was so excited today when Maya went "pee-pee" on the potty! She is only 18 months old, so I know we could have quite a long process ahead of us, it just gave me a small glimmer of hope. I am going to continue to work on it with her and see where it goes. She looked at me like I was a crazy person when I did a little dance and started singing our potty song. I definitely didn't plan on jumping in so fast with her now that Gibson just got done, but hey, I'm in the potty zone. I am looking forward to how much money we will be able to save with both out of diapers. And then right about that time we will be adding our new little Ethiopian family member who will probably be in diapers. Ah well, bring it on!

No comments: