Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oh, she's a fast one

Maya is definitely our little explorer. You have to keep an eye on her at all times, or who knows what she might get herself into. Today I had to go to the bathroom, and as other parents know, you usually have company on your potty breaks. Maya is always following close behind, which is why I should have known something was awry when I found myself with no audience. I went fast, which you learn to do when you have small children running loose (except for the times when you linger, even when you don't need to because you just...need...one...minute...ALONE!!!). I didn't see her in the living room, but met Gibson who said, "Mommy, Maya's being bad!". Hmmm, not good. I came into the kitchen to see that she had pulled a basket off of a shelf and had taken out all of the photo albums and they were opened all over the floor. Then I saw three of the chairs pulled out from the table, the placemats crumpled on the floor, and Maya standing on the fourth chair climbing onto the table. I was gone for 45 seconds!
This girl keeps me hoppin'.

1 comment:

emma Williams said...

oh amber i love reading your mommy stories. they warm my heart. seriously. i can't wait for my own.