Wednesday, April 23, 2008

...three...



Dear Gibson Jude,
Three years ago today I was laying in a hospital bed waiting for your arrival. I wondered what you would look like and what kind of personality you would have. I had no idea what my heart was in for. These last three years have given me more joy than I ever knew was possible. You truly are such a wonderful little boy. You make me laugh non-stop. You are always ready to do or say anything for a laugh. Also, I am always touched by your tender heart. Already, at 3, you have a heart for others and a desire not to see people hurting. You are incredibly sweet. I love how you make up funny words, and also how you always surprise us with your gigantic vocabulary. You are too smart for your own good sometimes! People often guess you are older because you are so tall and well-spoken, and I think sometimes you think you are older, too. You ask constantly if you can please ride a bus, go to school, and read books. Yesterday when we got in the van you asked if you could come up front because you, "have a license to drive". Oh my.
My little bear bear, I love you more than you will ever know. I pray for you every day and I know that God has a perfect plan for your life. I hope that you have a wonderful, fun-filled day today celebrating being three. And yes, like you asked today, you are bigger.
I love you baby, happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

emma Williams said...

lovely photos, as well as the letter. thanks for sharing, as usual.

Stacie said...

What a great son! Happy birthday, little man!

Cale and Kate said...

I can't believe that sweet boy is three! We are blessed to know and love Gibson and thank the Lord for his little life!

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday, little guy! What a cutie! I'm so glad our guys are so close in age. It has been neat to share our pregnancy stage through toddler stage together!