Friday, April 11, 2008

toot toot chugga chugga

A couple of weeks ago I went to a local Goodwill to find some treasures. My main goal was to buy a men's dress shirt to make into a dress for Maya (I saw it on another site and it is adorable. I will share pics when it is done). I told the kids they could each pick something small, a.k.a. cheap. Gibson had his eyes on a little guitar from the start. He absolutely loves it and is still playing with it now. Not too bad for $1.69. Well Maya just happened to pick up a Wiggles sing-along that she refused to part with. I tried to entice her with other things to no avail. I used to have to watch The Wiggles with the little boy I used to nanny, and I prayed I'd never have to endure it ever again. Well, it was only $1.50 so I gave in. Let me tell you, there is nothing that has mesmerized BOTH children so much! It is only 30 minutes long, and they love each and every minute. That is saying a lot for Maya too. It is now my magic go-to. I am home alone with the kids tonight and they were acting crazy with only about a half hour until bed time. So I pulled out the magic. I am now having a few moments of peace while they dance and sing! The major down-side is that I will now be singing, "toot toot, chugga chugga, big red car" all night long! Agh.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Ah, the Wiggles! Such a love-hate relationship! And I know exactly which dress you are talking about! I'm planning on making one for Lydia too- one of these days! SO cute!