Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Interview with a 3-year-old

It has been a long time since I have done this. It never ceases to be hilarious. Once again, it is a live interview, I type as we talk. Word-for-word answers here people.

Me: Hi Gibson, how are you doing?

Gibson: Nothing. What?! I'm just watching this funny show!

Me: Ok, geesh. So how was your day?

Gibson: Um, a good day.

Me: What was your favorite part of the day?

Gibson: Favorite part of what day? Kroger you mean?

Me: Sure.

Gibson: Um, my favorite part of Kroger was looking at the car carts.

*break in interview because a fight broke out between Gibson and Maya*
*slapping in the face, crying, screaming...and time-outs*

Me: Are you excited about going to your Tuesday School in September?

Gibson: Am I going today?!!!! I wanna go today!

Me: Well, it will be a few weeks away. But what do you think will be fun about school?

Gibson: To go in the new school where I will have a class where there is a toy with a spinny thing, and a game, and some crayons!!! We went to see that school with Kate and Haven.

Me: You're right we did go there and see all of those things.

Gibson: Can we go now? I'm big enough! Let me go get my shoes!

Me: Well honey, it's late, and we're not going today. It is a few weeks away. I am glad you're excited about it though!

Gibson: Am I going today Mommy? I DO want to go when it's dark! We can go right now!

*looks out the window to see how dark it is*

Gibson: Aw, I miss my Daddy. I really, really miss my Daddy.


OK, the interview is now over because I'm pretty sure we will talk about nothing other than the school, and whether it's today! It's today Mom! Can I go today Mommy?! So do you think he is excited about this school thing? He will only be going one day a week for 2.5 hours. He seriously is about to burst. I don't know what he'll do when it's actually time! This is the topic of practically every conversation these days.
As far as that last line goes, Phil just left 5 minutes ago to go to the store. You'd never guess it with Gibson's dramatic expressions though...as though he's been gone for days.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so cute!

Brandy said...

It's not a good interview unless a fight breaks out. At least he was able to regain his composure and continue. He's going to look so cute in his little backpack heading to school! Makes me sad.

Diane said...

Hysterical!!!