Saturday, August 23, 2008

list

Because my brain feels completely fried, I will be resorting to the list format.

-We sent in our dossier this week! Hopefully it will be on it's way to Ethiopia 8/29.

-Maya is turning 2 one week from today. I have hardly had time to think about it. Phil and I have both noticed that lately, she just looks...older. I realized she is looking like a 2-year-old, and I can't believe it.

-The kids aren't feeling well today, so we are stuck in the house. We haven't had any sickness in a while, so I guess I can't complain. I think I should write this quickly so I can take a nap when they do. I'm not feeling so great myself.

-Phil has been such a busy guy lately. He is working so, so hard to get this CD done. I can't wait to hear it! I will keep you all posted on when it will be available as our next fundraiser. Not too much longer!

-Now that our house is off the market and we'll be staying, my mind is whirling with new ideas. I picked out these paint colors 5 years ago, and now, well...I hate them. I could paint a new color every year if it was up to me! Phil? Not really. So this has been a long time coming. Once we have the time to tackle it, I will post before and after pics! I am going to try selling some of my old decor in order to get a few new things. Craigslist, here I come. I might even have to throw in a yard sale. I have committed that I will not put anything back that I don't like once we are done repainting! Even if my house is really bare for a while :) I really need to land on an idea of what I want. I'm trying to find some "inspiration rooms".

-In a few weeks we will be starting some preschool activities here at home every day. My lesson plans are ready! I am exciting to carve out a little school area in the playroom. Hopefully the kids will be as excited as I am. Since I used to teach preschool, I really get into this. I am trying not to have too many expectations and be flexible with our plans and schedules. Gibson is also starting Tuesday School in a few weeks. He is beyond excited. I, however, might cry when I leave him there with his cute little orange backpack. *sigh*

O K, I'm off to take a little rest. I need it. Oh how I need it.

No comments: