Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh my!

I know I have been just the worst blogger lately. I'm okay with it though, it has been a busy and fun summer. We are soaking up every last sunshine-y day there is. Right now we are in Michigan with Phil's side of the family, having a great vacation. We have been doing so many fun things, the kids are having a blast. I will try to put up some pictures once we're home and settled.
I just had to share what happened yesterday. We were on our way to the zoo, when Gibson started talking in the backseat about how this zoo was too far away. Then he said, "We're going to the zoo. Z-O-O. Zoo! It has a "z", and two "o's". And, 0-0-Z, that's zoo backwards!". We were amazed. It is the first time he has every independently spelled a word, and then he spelled it backwards too! I wonder what else he's holding out on! Now I'm really glad I am starting a little preschool homeschooling action this fall. I have a feeling he'll be reading before we know it.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow Amber! That is amazing! His language skills blow me away!

Diane said...

I'm kind of thinking about asking my Noah, my six year old how to spell zoo. But, it makes me nervous...what if he can't spell it? Whew, I asked and he spelled it right!! YEAH.
Elijah has absolutely no clue. You have one bright little fella on your hands.