Thursday, September 4, 2008

yowza

Oh my good gracious. We have been really, really sick around here. It started last week with Phil. He had a few days of, shall we say, gastrointestinal distress. He wasn't feeling well, and on Thursday night I started feeling the same. I had extreme nausea and a terrible headache. Thankfully, I felt better on Friday. With Maya's birthday and her party the next day, I just did not have time to be sick. Her birthday went off without a hitch and we were all feeling great. Sunday morning we were on our way to Apex when I heard an unfortunate sound from the backseat. That's right, pukage. Maya was a mess, all over her new birthday dress and some other new gifts. Ah geez. So I pulled into the parking lot and cleaned up as much as I could. We had another incident on the way home. The rest of the day she wasn't much better. On Monday she seemed to be getting better and I just prayed Gib wouldn't be next. At 2 am, my worst fears were confirmed. As we flipped on the light to see the damage, we saw that Maya had puked too. Seriously?! I also forgot to mention that when we woke up to this, I was feeling terrible. I had it too! The puking from one, or all of us did not stop for hours. We were a pitiful sight, let me tell ya. I have always known I loved Phil, but he is my hero a million times over. He cleaned up more puke the last 5 days than anyone should ever have to in a lifetime. Yes, I just said 5 days. We are still here, and still puking. Not all of us, now Gib is the one bringing up the rear. Thankfully, Maya and I are doing much better and actually able to eat toast! And sip liquids! Gibson was able to keep down more Gatorade by teaspoon today, so we are thankful for that. The little victories are the only thing getting us through at this point! I just now feel good enough to survey the damage. I am wondering if our home will ever be in working order again. It is a disaster area of laundry, dishes, etc. Phil did the best he could, but was constantly tending to one of us. If I had extra money, you better believe I would be calling a maid service at this point!
I am so ready to just get back to the every day stuff!
Once things return a bit more to normal, I will post some party pics.

4 comments:

Savvy Little Women said...

Ugh, I hate that nasty stuff!! They just keep passing it back and forth! Hope you all are feeling better soon...

Marisa said...

I've been praying for you! If there is anything I can do to help please call me!

jenny said...

Praying for this yucky stuff to end soon for you all. There is nothing worse than a stomach bug that knocks out the whole family. Beckett has actually had a stomach virus for the last day or so, I am really hoping we don't go down the same path as you guys. Take care and please let me know if I can help in anyway.

.:rew:. said...

Oh my word...you get the medal for surviving the longest stomach virus I've ever heard of. Most of my friends had it for no more than 24 hours--this bug has been bad to you all. I'm so sorry you all have been through so much sickness and I really hope normalcy returns by tomorrow! I'll bet you'll be cloroxing everything, or Shakleeing everything--praying the bug is gone forever!