Sunday, November 9, 2008

last week

I am a little behind with our latest happenings.  Last week Gibson got his large (aka HUGE) cast taken off.  Here is what he thought about it:

He has been amazingly brave throughout this whole ordeal, but he kind of fell apart at the Dr.'s office.  I prepared him as much as possible, but I'm not sure he totally grasped it.  The saw scared him, not because of how loud it was, but because he thought the nurse was going to cut his arm!  And then he was very sad because he wanted to keep his old cast on "forever".
Dr. Maya to the rescue here.  Never underestimate the power of a purple shovel.  This time he was crying because he said it still hurt.  He said, "I am so sad because I thought God healed it...but it's still broken!".  The Dr. said it most likely didn't hurt where it was broken, but just felt very weird since he was bending his arm for the first time in 3 weeks.  He is like a new man with his short cast (he chose black).  He is sleeping better, playing much easier, etc.  It's great!
In other happenings, I painted Maya's toenails for the first time.  She chose fire engine red.  Yes, she would have rather had pink, but I'm not really a pink polish kind of girl.  Sorry sister. 

Here she is blowing them dry.  She LOVES it!  Every time she looks down she says, "Look, pretty toes!".  

Oh how I love my sweet babies!

3 comments:

Rob said...

That is too cute. I am looking forward to having my own...someday.

Carpenters said...

Gibson is a little trooper. It sounds like he did a great job at the doctors. Maya's toes are so cute. How did you get her to sit still long enough for them to dry?

With Love,
Penelope

P.S. I'm not usually a girly girl, but I have lots of pink nailpolish. So Maya if you're ever craving pink toenails, just head on over to my house. I'll hook you up.

drew, melissa, and jonas said...

I love everything about this post :) That first picture of Gibson makes me laugh every time! And Maya's toes are so precious. I'm super impressed that she sat still for it!