Tuesday, November 11, 2008

sibling love

Gibson and Maya...they have their days. They have their days when they fight all day. They have some where they play nicely and share. They have their days where they get really tired of each other. Other days I find them giggling under the table. When I found out I was pregnant with Maya I wondered how I could love a baby as much as I loved Gibson. Amazingly, you just immediately have more love to give. And what gets me more than anything, is seeing my two kids love each other. There really is nothing like it, and I can't explain it. Your heart swells, a smile spreads across your face, and tears form in your eyes all by themselves. It's true. It's priceless.

This was a good day...



...and all I could do was hang back and click away, my heart full.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have a daughter and son and they are 22 months apart. They were and are very close. They are 22 and 20 and go to the same college and are still each other's best friends.

Amy said...

I love these days too! It is so easy to focus on the days they are fighting or picking at each other. But if I think about it...most days they just love each other. The pictures are priceless! When they are teenagers and really picking at each other...pull these out and remind yourself they truly love each other!!!

i'm beccy. said...

Amber - you HAVE to make Phil do yoga and take pictures of him after his last post!!!! :o)! Love seeing all the pics of your kids. Such sweet moments.

Rachel - Heart Assessment said...

What a beautiful post!!!