Monday, December 1, 2008

our special tree

It is snowing a light beautiful snow today. I am really hoping this motivates the Christmas decorating. I love to have my house all decorated for Christmas, it just means I also need to clean first. And then drag everything out from the back corner of the garage. And then rearrange the furniture to accommodate our gigantic tree. But I MUST at least get out some things today. The number one thing is our little tree that we use for our Jesse Tree. We started this tradition last year and I LOVE IT. I am so excited about doing it this year! Gibson remembers it from last year and has been asking about it since the word Christmas was uttered. I also decided to use it this year as our school lessons. We are going to take the devotion for the day and expound upon it for class time. We are also going to use the month of December just to do fun Christmas/winter crafts instead of our normal curriculum that centers around the alphabet. I am excited for a fun break like this!
Jesse Tree day one, here we come!

No comments: