Thursday, January 8, 2009

yeah, that's gross

Maya was searching under the couch cushions today. I totally warned her that she might not want to do that, because it's been a while since I cleaned under there. She emerged holding up an m&m in victory. I told her no, it was yucky and she needed to go throw it in the trash. I explained I didn't know how old it was, and she needed to throw it away. Surprisingly, she agreed and off she ran into the kitchen. She came out a few minutes later with a green mouth and hand. She came up to me and said, "Mommy, the m&m is not in the trash...". Yeah, I figured that out sister. She said it tasted OK and that she likes to eat old things. I think the girl just can't turn down chocolate. No matter what.

5 comments:

emma Williams said...

awawwww. thats gross and totally adorable the same time.

.:rew:. said...

Good story! I like how she came to you and confessed, sorta.

i'm beccy. said...

Have you guys seen the Planet Earth series on TV? It is pretty incredible and reminds me of a visiual on God speaking in the book of Job. Anyhow: if you haven't seen it the piece on mountains starts with incredible stuff on Ethiopia. So beautiful it almost brought me to tears and I was thinking of you guys and the incredible place your little one is coming from. Love and prayers from NE.

Traci said...

Well, she's my kinda girl. I mean, I can't turn down chocolate either! he he!

Shiny said...

Too funny! Ezra does the same thing - does things that are wrong - but always tells me - which I really appreciate the honesty!