Thursday, February 5, 2009

sweet prayer

It has been so cool to watch Gibson's prayers evolve. In the last few months, they have gone from the very quick, "ThankyouGodforourfoodAMEN.", to much more heartfelt ones. I think he prayed so fast before because he just wanted to be done and eat already! Here is the prayer he prayed for me the other night, while simultaneously rubbing my arm:

Dear God
I love my mommy.
She's so smart.
I really love my mommy.
I pray you would help her not to get hurt.
Or do dangerous things.
Or trip over things and fall.
Amen!

And no, I have not gotten hurt, done any "dangerous things" or fallen lately. Maybe he thinks I'm accident prone, I don't know. Thankfully I was safe to laugh since his eyes were so tightly clenched. So cute!
Oh, and I was really fond of that part about me being smart...

4 comments:

Brandy said...

you did just fall at his school a few days ago...

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

lol, first, I am laughing so hard at the above comment. I love a good fall...as long as everyone is ok, haha. The prayer was too cute, what a sweet little boy!

.:rew:. said...

Oh my, he's so thoughtful! Yet has no idea how funny he is. You are very smart but I've never known you to be accident prone--but bless his heart for being sensitive to the possibility.

Amber said...

i forgot to blog about my fall! haha. i guess he did have reason to pray...
and kate, the fall was HILARIOUS