Friday, March 13, 2009

one funny nightmare

I have had terrible dreams since I was a child.  Unfortunately, Gibson seems to be following in the same path.  He often wakes up scared or crying because of a bad dream he's had.  This one really made me laugh though.  He woke me up around 3am the other night crying, saying that he had a really scary dream.  Then he told me the details.  I had to fight all that was in me to contain my laughter.  Here's what he said:
"Mom, I had such a scary dream!  There was a monster standing at my door.  And he had really googly eyes.  Big googly eyes.  Then he came over to my bed and I was so scared!  Then I saw some poop in my bed.  It wasn't from me though, I didn't poop my pants, O K Mom?  But I picked the poop up in my hand, and I held it up to the monsters face.  And the monster didn't defeat me!  He didn't get me!  Then I woke up and the dream was gone, but I was still a little bit scared."

I mean seriously?!  Phil and I are still laughing about this one.  

8 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

That's too cute! Night terrors run in my family--a little worse than nightmares. The child screams and screams but does not wake up. Yuck! I had them then moved on to nightmares. Hope Nugget doesn't take after me. :)

karen/grammy said...

Who knew that all you needed to get rid of the monster was alittle poop! Great job Gibson,Grammy's proud of you!!!

.:rew:. said...

I love that he said, "the monster didn't defeat me!" Defeat is a big word for a three year old!

Amanda said...

I don't know what's so funny. I defeat monsters with my poop all the time.

Jessica said...

This made me literally laugh out loud!! He is so cute!

Marisa said...

Ah! The power of poop! Apparently it's more useful than we thought!

Shiny said...

Oh my! I am laughing and laughing! Sad about the nightmares but that is a very detailed and hillarious description of his nightmare! SO cute! What kids come up with!

Miss said...

Hi Amber! I was gf for about 2 weeks before I really started noticing anything. I went gf for 6 weeks before I ate anything with wheat in it and I couldn't BELIEVE the difference! I would give it a few more weeks! =)