Thursday, April 9, 2009

yums

I just made this Italian Pasta salad last night for our house church, and was reminded how much I like it.  I don't think I have made it since last Summer.  Now that Spring has arrived, I'm ready to break it out again!  Of course it's good all year round, but I think cold pasta sounds best in warm weather.  This is such a fast and easy thing to throw together for a picnic, pot-luck, or family gathering.  

Italian Pasta Salad

ingredients:
-1 box bow-tie or rotini pasta (i'm a fan of the bow-tie)
- 3/4 c. Light Creamy Garlic Ranch dressing (you can also use Creamy Caesar)
-3/4 c. Light House Italian dressing
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
-1 small red onion, diced
*You can add or subtract any of these amounts to your likings.  These are just my likings.  Feel free to get crazy.

directions:
Boil pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente.  Drain and rinse with cold water.  In a large bowl mix pasta with dressings, cheese, peppers, and onion.  Keep refrigerated.  

See how easy that is?  Now eat until your litte heart is content.  I should have taken a picture, but after everyone attacked it last night and I had a small bowl for lunch, it's gone.  Sorry!
Maybe next time.  
Yet I make no promises.

No comments: