Saturday, April 3, 2010

He's Alive!

Then Jesus shouted out in a loud voice, "It is finished!" And it was. He had done it. Jesus had rescued the whole world.

Tomorrow is Easter and we will celebrate our Savior's resurrection. The Spirit definitely used a gathering at Apex last night and some amazing words spoken to renew my heart this year. I just feel so thankful for my sweet, sweet Savior! There is truly no one anywhere like Him!
Tonight we made these with our kids and it was a HUGE hit. They were simple, easy, and delicious. They loved them and it definitely spurred on more conversations. Next we read through the garden, cross, and resurrection stories in our Jesus Storybook Bible. I sat there with tears welling in my eyes watching my husband read these life-changing words to our children. What's amazing is how much they get it. They just really get it this year. Gibson even told us that he wants Jesus to take his dirty heart away and give him a new one. After talking through things further, he definitely understands it all, but it didn't seem like tonight was "the" night for him. The questions he asks are so deep and amazing. The Spirit is absolutely working on his heart and it's so humbling to be able to watch it all happen!

Just then Mary heard someone else in the garden. Perhaps it's the gardener, she thought. He'll know where Jesus' body is.
"I don't know where Jesus is!" Mary said urgently. "I can't find Him."
But it was all right. Jesus knew where she was. And He had found her.
"Mary!"
Only one person said her name like that. She could hear her heart thumping. She turned around. She could just make out a figure. She shaded her eyes to see...and thought she was dreaming.
She wasn't dreaming. She was seeing.
"Jesus!"
Mary fell to the ground. Sudden tears filled her eyes and great sobs shook her whole body, and all she wanted in that moment was to cling to Jesus and never let Him go.
"You'll be able to hold on to me later, Mary," Jesus said gently, "and always be close to me. But now, go and tell the others that I'm alive!"

*all excerpts from the Jesus Storybook Bible

3 comments:

Marisa said...

So neat to hear about the kids! We really enjoy the Jesus Storybook too!

Traci said...

I must really need to get this book! I hear SO many people referencing it. Thanks for sharing how Gibson's tender heart is sensitive to the Spirit. It's amazing that he's "getting it"!

Rachel - Heart Assessment said...

I absolutely LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible!!!