Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation 2010

We went on vacation a little over a month ago and had a great time. Vacation for us is such a relaxing and bonding time as a family. We never get that much uninterrupted (a relative term with 3 children!) as a family so it's always a great week to recharge. Silas had issues about being in a new place and I think it stirred up some trust issues. It was definitely a challenge at times, but overall we had a fabulous time. Once we were back we worked really hard and focused on attachment with him and he's doing awesome now! So anyway, what you really want to see is a few pictures! I say "few" because I took...A LOT. So I just decided to post a couple beachy pictures. Maybe I'll post some others at another time!

Silas right after stepping on the sand our first evening there. He didn't totally hate it...yet. 5 minutes later was another story!
Maya checking out the powerful waves
Gibson doing a little happy dance
The look we got from him when we took them to the beach the next day. Ha!
Little Lulu looking out on the water
Gibson "kung-fu-ing" the ocean
Lil' bub snuggling Daddy
Fun in the sun and waves!
Yes, I was there. Although I think I only have 3 pics to document that fact!
By the end of the week we had him sitting in the sand and splashing in a bucket. He still didn't like the sand or waves, but we were thrilled with the progress!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Boy, it already seems like it's been longer than 6 wks. ago! The pictures are great, and a wonderful sweet reminder of coastal bliss!!!

Jessica said...

I LOPVE the pic of Silas looking at you as though he is saying, "Please tell me you did not bring me here again!!" All of the pictures are beautiful!!

i'm beccy. said...

You are beautiful!!!!

Marisa said...

Love the pics! And I agree with Beccy. You are beautiful!

Melodie Monberg said...

That's funny about Silas and the beach. Desta does NOT care for it one little bit...not at all...maybe because they NEVER had any outside time, sand, grass, etc?

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Looks like such a wonderful time! Your family is precious and you have the second cutest Silas in the whole world. ;)