Tuesday, August 31, 2010

school

So...my darling little boy is officially a kindergartener. Last Monday, the 23rd, was our first day. Even though we're schooling at home I thought I might get all emotional up in here, but I didn't at all! I was just as excited to get underway as he was. I thought I was in the clear, so the tears surprised me on Saturday. We were at the evening gathering of our church and they called in all of the school age kids to pray for them and the new year. I saw him march down that aisle with his class and that's when it hit me. I have a school age child. I have tears just thinking about that moment. He looked so big. I was suddenly consumed with pride, happiness, teeny bit of sadness, excitement, remembering his first breath and wanting to run down there and scoop him up, yet seeing him look like a little man...good gracious it's a crazy, jumbled thing being a mama! He is loving EVERY SINGLE SECOND of school and I couldn't be more proud of him. He is learning something new every day and I love that I get to be here to witness it and build within him a love for learning. What a sweet, sweet privilege.

So here he is, day 1:
I just have to squeeze him sometimes!
Daddy with all of his babes:
Of course it was Maya's first day too!
These two are such good buds and it's the cutest. Love this pic:
I had just gotten back from a workout, so be forgiving :). He looks adorable with his little pursed lips though!
And of course little Bubs was there, still decked out in his jam jams. Goodness he's scrumptious!
Here's to a great year!!!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm glad things are going so well with the school year! We officially started on Monday.

I thought I was the only one shedding tears as the kids came down to the front. For some reason it completely caught me off guard! We aren't officially considering this year Kindergarten so it really surprised me that Lucas managed to sneak into the group:)

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

1. Ruby just saw your baby and said, "That looks like me!" :)

2. Your kids are Adorable!!!

3. How do you home school with the little guy around? It's hard for me to read books to the kids with Wiley Siley in the mix. ;)

4. You go to Apex? My sister visited there for a while and that's how she got connected with Target Dayton!

Small world... :) :)