Friday, December 31, 2010

blueberry yumminess

So I decided to go out on a limb last week and get all crazy.  I made a brand spankin new recipe on Christmas morning.  I mean, really, it could have really could have gone either way.  Make or break.  But let me tell you, the natives were DELIGHTED.  It was so delicious and I have been asked to make it on the weekly.  But I kind of doubt Mama can do that because it's not the healthiest.  And believe it or not, I even made it "healthier" than the original Mrs. Deen recipe.  I also changed a few things according to the way things went while I made it.  I can never just leave a recipe alone!
So if you're looking for something special to please your crowd, this is a good one!

-1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
-1/2 t. cinnamon
-10 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1 c. quick cooking oats (you can even use the packets, any flavor you have)
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 T. sugar

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease 9x13 pan.  In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix. Separate biscuit dough and cut each one into quarters.  Dip each piece into melted butter, then coat with brown sugar mixture.  Arrange in a single layer, fitting them together like cobblestones.  Sprinkle with 1/2 of your oats.  In a small bowl toss blueberries with sugar and then spoon blueberries on top of the biscuits and oats.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 of your oats.  Drizzle any remaining butter on top.  Bake for 25 min. or until center is cooked through.
Serve warm.
Enjoy each bite.
Lick your lips.
Take a nap.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Sounds incredible!!! I gotta give it a try!

jenny said...

Oooo, this sounds delightful! Definitely adding this to my next grocery list!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I am SO all over this! Refrigerated biscuits? Score!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I am infatuated with your new shower curtain!! Yowza. I love it.