Tuesday, January 4, 2011

oh 2011

I'm not sure what to call it...two-thousand-eleven, twenty-eleven, or just plain ole' eleven?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?
List O Random Thoughts:
-Phil went back to work yesterday for his first full week since before Christmas.  I MISS him.  Lots.
-We're nursing pink eye, sinus junk, sore throats, and coughs.  Just a ball of fun I tell ya!
-Seems our dog has the pukes.  Seems I can't help but gag repeatedly while I clean up said puke.
-Nyquil was my best friend last night.
-Coffee was my best friend this morning.
-Ordered my awesome new shower curtain with some birthday money and I CAN'T WAIT for it to arrive.
-I'm not sure I can wait for April to watch the final season of FNL.  One half of me is so excited, while the other half is deeply mourning that it will be the LAST season.  Tears!
-Way pumped to re-do our bedroom.  We've never done a thing to it since we moved in (over 7 years ago!) including the sage green paint.  Color scheme hint:  gray and white with lots of yellow and turquoise pops!
-Haven't been totally happy with my hair for awhile now.  Is it the cut?  The color?  The untold minutes I waste thinking about it?
-Do you think the kids could just go ahead and make their own meals today?
-Already excited for the warmth of Spring and seeing GREEN again!
-Tad obsessed with Ray Lamontagne right now.  In fact, Phil got me all of his albums for Christmas because I've gone on so.  I had heard this song and really liked it, but couldn't help feeling iffy about those background singers and horns.  Then I heard him do this acoustic version and I'm hooked.  Some other songs to maybe check out on youtube:  Forever My Friend, Trouble, Jolene, Shelter, Hold You In My Arms, Let It Be Me.  And I could go on.  See?  Obsessed.
-Well now, these dishes aren't going to unload and load themselves are they?
-Didn't even turn on the Christmas tree lights this morning.  That means it's WAY past due to put that baby to bed.
-Thinking about Romans 11:6 after reading it earlier.  "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace."

The end.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear FNL is back on, but way bummed it is the last. I went back and watched the first 2 seasons. I want to get them all. Such a good show!

Marisa said...

Girl! You never fail to make me laugh! And, holy smokes, I LOVE your shower curtain. I'm going to have to peruse that website when I get a moment because I've been wanting to get a different shower curtain in the worst way! But perhaps I'll wait awhile too:)

Kate said...

why did you have to go and bring up FNL and bring me down like that??!!

LOVE the shower curtain!

jenny said...

LOVING that shower curtain choice! Can't wait to see how it looks in the bathroom and to see what you decide to do for your bedroom. Always fun to have a project. Fun random ramblings to read through....you make me smile!

Jessica said...

I LOVE that shower curtain...and the fact that catching up on your blog is making me want to start blogging again!!

Melodie Monberg said...

LOVE the shower curtain...oh love the colors...and that singer...just think I fell in love as well. Good thing I have some itunes gift cards! Thanks!

Happy New Year!
Melodie