Wednesday, February 16, 2011

grapes

Today Gibson took a nap.  He NEVER takes a nap anymore, but still enjoys his quiet time each day.  He normally plays legos, does school work, etc.  But after having some fun time playing outside apparently he gave into the sleepiness.  He emerged hot cheeked and rosy, his hair all askew.  And what were the first words out of his mouth while he gave me a squeeze?
"Mommy I love you.  You're my favorite.  You're like those tiny grapes I ate at lunch today.  They're the sweetest ones."



I still haven't recovered.

4 comments:

One chance at this life said...

That is so awesome! I can't even imagine how great that felt. :):). He sounds very sweet himself. :)

Kate said...

he's too much! love that kid.

Marisa said...

What sweetness! I love his thought process!

jenny said...

Definitely a "freeze time" kind of moment. What a sweet boy with a sweet mom!