Friday, March 11, 2011

Loovll

Yep, that's how the people who live there pronounce it.  To the rest of us, it's Louisville.  There is much debate of the pronunciation, but who cares what it's called, it was fun!  A few weeks ago (ok it's been almost a month) Phil and I took a little weekend away to celebrate our 9 year union.  Thanks to a great hotwire deal, we had an awesome stay at the Hyatt Place there and ventured out into the city for two days.  Relaxation, shopping, eating amazing food, and just spending time laughing and hanging out together...it was a blast.  I could go down a list and rave about all we did, but I'm just going to tell you about one specific restaurant we went to.  Mainly because it's literally the only time we took pictures the entire weekend.  I know.  Lame.  Anyway, it's called Lynn's Paradise Cafe and it's a well-known spot that has gotten lots of press over the last few years.  After going there we can see why!  Check it out:

There are all sorts of fun statues everywhere.  Of course I fell in love with the green gorilla back by the dumpsters.
I mean if people are staring at you taking pics in a back alley, why not give them a good show, right?
My main squeeze was looking hot!
People watching while waiting for our food of course.
Such a kitschy, colorful place!
It's full of old dinette sets that have been donated to the restaurant.  I wanted to go around and take pics of every chair!  
Huge trees in the middle with all sorts of decor.
Love the legs, the bulb lights on the window and one of my fave parts of the restaurant...a vintage lamp on every table.
Hot sauce.  Cause my man likes his food spicy.
This makes me thirsty.  Hold on while I go get a drink...
K, I'm back.  We decided to go for the two famous things on the menu...the two that won Throwdown with Bobby Flay.  The first was a delicious spicy omelete with a biscuit and fried green tomatoes on the side.  It was seriously amazing.

This loaf o' biscuit?  It was incredible.  And I'm picky bout ma biscuits.
And well, this was the other one.  French toast with strawberries and all other sorts of goodness.  It was like having a massive dessert for breakfast.  Have you every seen such a thing?!   Extremely tasty but very rich. 
You can rent this place out.  Wouldn't it be such a fun place for a party?!

And this little guy...well I wanted to smuggle his lil eggplant self in my purse.  I decided not to exit the joint in handcuffs and left him on the table to make other people smile.
It was the weekend before Valentine's Day, so there were love notes all over the windows. 
We loved you Louisville, and can't wait to visit again soon!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Glad you were able to get away. It looks like you had a great time!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

What a fun getaway! The restaurant looked like so much fun! Glad you had some time away together. Congrats on the 9 years!

Christen said...

so fun! glad you two had such a great trip!

Carpenters said...

Such a cute post! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Um...I LOVE that place!! Seriously...we need to decorate a party like that :)

Twiggy said...

omigosh this places looks like SOOO much fun!!

jenny said...

SO fun! Looks like you had a great weekend! And your photos are wonderful! Glad it was a refreshing weekend for you two!