Tuesday, March 1, 2011

top 3

I LOVE music down to my bones.  Just love, love, love it.  And when I find an artist I like I tend to play them to death because I get a tad excited.  But it's seriously so hard to find someone you can listen to and not get tired of them after a song or two.  I love to see live shows, but that has become a bit harder since the babes came along.  Babysitters don't usually like to hang around until 2am.  Who knew?  BUT, if I got to pick 3 concerts to go to this year, these 3 would be it.  It's the best when you find someone who sounds better live than recorded.

1.  Adele.  She's just AMAZING.  If I could sing worth a lick, I'd want it to sound like her.  Plus, how many "artists" these days could just stand on a stage with a mic and piano and rock it like this?  Not many, I'll tell ya that much friend.  And she feels what sings, as you'll see at the end.  Made me tear up a bit, too!

2.  Ray Lamontagne.  Not the first time I've mentioned him, I know.  But my lil love affair with his music continues.  He's an awesome song writer who also just sings with such emotion.  You can tell it's his passion.  This video is a bit long, but just let it play while you go about your emailing and blog checkin.  You won't be sorry.

3.  The Civil Wars.  Some of my favorite newer music to come around in a long time.  Love their harmonies.  This isn't my favorite song of theirs, but it's their most recent release.  And no, that's not Johnny Depp, it's John Paul White.  :)

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Love, love Adele too! I'll have to check out the other 2 when I get a moment.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Love The Civil Wars! Absolutely one of my new favorites and totally on my short list to see live. Concerts make a good excuse for a weekend away! :) Did you see there was a free Adele download on Amazon MP3 the other day? So fun.

Jessica said...

Can I just say that this is one of the many reasons that we are friends!!! Those would be my top 3 as well...Dustin just got us tickets for Civil Wars in Cincinnati this month. Can. Not. Wait.

Kate said...

Love The Civil Wars, thanks to you! And I'm heading to check out the Cinci show details stat!