Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring wreath

I've been part of a Recipe Club for a few years now.  It has always been a fun night out once a month, and also a great resource for finding new recipes.  We were kind of hitting a wall with Recipe Club, so we decided to change it up to Craft Club every once in a while.  Last month we made fabric flowers and this month we decided to create our own Spring wreaths.  I left on Tuesday night feeling a bit eh about my creation.  There was something about it that just wasn't working.  I had wrapped it in white yarn.  Then I ran out so finished it with a nubby yellow yarn and decided to make that the focal point for my flowers.  I made a variety of different flowers using different methods and alternating between felt and fabric.  I liked the separate aspects of it, but just wasn't lovin it as a whole.  When I got home I decided to rip some strips of linen and cover up the white yarn.  Now I LOVE it!!!  It is so much more me and my style.  Makes me so happy to look at it!  A lil piece of Spring even if we just had snow.  But I'm pretending that never happened.

Here she is.  I love the separate section of yarn.  Such a happy accident!
Frayed, ripped linen.
 Love my red, loopy, felt flower.
And my stringy fabric one too.
 Like a ray of sunshine I tell ya.

4 comments:

jenny said...

Beautiful! I love it! Sad to have missed craft night this month, but the hubby's birthday took priority. Glad you guys had fun and that you now have a happy wreath for the spring!

Marisa said...

Looks great! I'm glad you found a "fix" that made it more you!

Karen said...

Am, I love the flowers, so cute..so you!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

So cute! I started a "Craftivism" group at our church here. We're getting together monthly to make things to benefit others. It's so fun to craft with others!