Thursday, June 30, 2011

proud




OK, I LOVE my husband.  I love him for a lot of reasons, but I have so much respect for his work and the way he provides for our family.  Sometimes I forget just how talented he is!  He does an amazing job leading the band at Apex.  I love that even though he has officially been in this role for 9.5 years, he hasn't gotten stuck just doing things the same way all the time.  He has taken some risks in the way he works the bands, and it has paid off in so many ways!  He is passionate about identifying leaders, investing in them, challenging them, and developing them into successful leadership roles.  And is so encouraging to them in the process!  It truly has been a joy to watch.
Each summer he commits to youth camps and does an excellent job.  I have LOVED watching him at Crossings this year.  He just pours into the young volunteer band.  They have grown so much in the last 2 years!  I'm so thankful that Crossings is so family friendly and that we get to tag along on every week that he's there!  This past week he has been gone at a camp called Velocity.  It was so fun talking to him on the phone and hearing his excitement over sharing the gospel with some of the guys.  He is passionate about sharing Love, and I love it!  I'll be honest, this week every year can be a hard one.  He's gone for almost a full week, and we hardly get to talk at all.  Some days we don't get to, and others we may only have 15 min or so.  I can battle with feeling upset about it, but when I talk to him and hear the ways God is moving, I instantly feel guilty.  :)  (Every other full time minister's wife knows exactly what I'm talking about it here!)  Ultimately he's not mine to keep, and it is a privilege to watch him go forth and serve!  But don't get me wrong, I certainly am glad that I'll be able to hug him in just a few short hours!
All of these random words thrown together basically boil down to this:
I'm proud of him.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

As you should be! His talent is such a gift from God! It was fun to see him a little bit at Velocity! Glad to have our men home!!!!

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

I love this :). And I agree with Marisa, you should be proud!! Enjoy having him home!

philwing said...

Wow...pretty much the most encouraging thing I've ever read. Thank you babe!

Bianchii said...

Really nice blog, interesting posts !
It would be nice if you'll visit my blog sometimes :)
http://bianchii.blogspot.com