Monday, July 25, 2011

monday mish mash

-  I started off my Sunday morning cleaning up dog puke.  Nothing says good morning quite like that.  Then we had a lovely gathering at Apex.  However on the way home Gibson started complaining of a stomach ache.  I thought it was just car sickness since that's a normal thing for him.  He laid on the couch when we got home and no sooner did I set my stuff on the kitchen counter before I heard the dreaded sound.  Poor buddy.  Poor couch.  Thankfully he improved the rest of the day and seemed totally fine.  We did just a few errands last night and then as we were minutes from home we looked back and saw his face.  Phil had nowhere to pull over so...up it came all over the van.  Did I mention we just paid to have the van detailed on FRIDAY?  We've had 2 other van pukes this Summer and the van was smelling so fresh after the cleaning.  It sure was nice for 2 days.  Such is life!  We came home and I could see by Phil's face that he just couldn't do the clean up this time.  You see, he cleaned up the previous 2 van pukes this summer...and they weren't pretty.  He didn't say anything, but I knew I should step up.  Marriage is all about service right?!  After three puke clean-ups under my belt yesterday, I was ready to tap out.  Thankfully Gibson seems just fine today!
-  We are in the market for new furniture and actually spent a good part of Friday searching, sitting, and talking it out.  After what happened on our couch yesterday, I'm ready to go buy a new one TODAY!  Pretty sure we have made our choice, so that's exciting!
-  Scouted some photo shoot nooks this morning.  We have a styled shoot coming up in a few weeks and I can't wait!  (We still have spots if anyone is interested!)
-  I'm knee deep in wedding editing.  I often feel like my eyeballs are going to fall out of their sockets.  There's an awesome image for ya.
-  We have decided on all of our curriculum for the coming school year and I'm all excited about it!  But, also want to soak up these last few weeks of summer.  I love, love, love summer.
-  My house is a wreck and I have zero desire to clean it.  Don't get me wrong, I want to sit and enjoy the cleanliness afterward, just don't want to do the work involved to get it there.  I'm so Suzy Homemaker today.
-  If you could say some prayers for sweet Silas on Wednesday, I would surely appreciate it.  We have some medical tests and an appointment that will hopefully bring some answers.
-  I cooked brown sugar bacon green beans for my husband to take into his work's Christmas in July lunch.  My house smells AMAZING.  I hope there are leftovers...
-  This morning I drank coffee from my tea mug.  Cause I'm a rebel like that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amber, I have to tell you - as razy as this is - that I had THE biggest laugh from your comment about being a rebel drinking coffee in a tea mug. I really needed a good laugh. Thanks!

Marisa said...

Oh, your poor van! And poor you!

The green beans sound awesome!